- DETAIL METERS
Apple Time Capsule 1TB Sim DualBand
Item Code : YOS-11574
Condition : New
Availability : Order
- Automatic wireless backup device with 1TB disk space
- Simultaneous dual-band wireless base station supports 802.11b/g and 802.11n
- USB 2.0 port lets you connect and wirelessly share a hard drive and/or printer
- Three GigaBit Ethernet ports
- Measures 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches; backed by a one-year warranty
- Model Number: \"MC343LL/A\"
- System requirements (Time Machine backup): \"Mac with Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard\"
- System requirements (setup/administration) - Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later; CD-ROM drive, Ethernet or wireless networking capability
- System requirements (setup/administration) - PC: Windows XP (SP3) or Windows Vista (SP1); CD-ROM drive; Ethernet or wireless networking capability
- System requirements (wireless client access): AirPort or AirPort Extreme wireless capability (Mac); 802.11a/b/g/n (PC)
- System requirements (shared hard drive) -Mac: Mac OS X v10.4.8 or later
- System requirements (shared hard drive) -PC: Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista; Bonjour for Windows included on Time Capsule CD
- System requirements (shared printing) - Mac: USB printer; Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later
- System requirements (shared printing) - PC: USB printer; Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista; Bonjour for Windows included on Time Capsule CD
- Hard drive capacity: 1 TB
- Hard drive: Serial ATA
- Interface: 1 x Gigabit Ethernet WAN port (DSL/cable modem); 3 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports; 1 x USB port; 802.11n wireless
- Wireless protocols: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Compatibility: Interoperable with Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n enabled Mac computers, iPhone, iPod touch, and Windows-based PCs; NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
- Frequency bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously
- Radio output power: 20 dBm (nominal)
- Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2); Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption; MAC address filtering; NAT firewall; Support for RADIUS authentication; 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST; Time-based access control
- Power requirement: 100 to 240 V AC
- Maximum power consumption: 34 W
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 degrees C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 140 degrees F (-25 to 60 degrees C)
- Relative humidity (operational): 20 to 80 percent
- Relative humidity (storage): 10 to 90 percent
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches / 197 x 197 x 36.3 millimeters (L x W x H)
- Weight: 3.5 pounds / 1.6 kilograms
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- What\'s in the Box: Time Capsule, CD with AirPort Utility (Mac and Windows), AirPort Disk Utility for Windows, and Bonjour for Windows, Power cord, Printed and electronic documentation
Apple Time Capsule 1TB is an automatic wireless backup device and a simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi base station all in one device. With Time Capsule, the nagging need to back up your data has been replaced by automatic, constant protection. And even better, it all happens wirelessly, saving everything important, including your sanity.
Works with Time Machine for Easy Backups
Time Capsule includes a wireless 1TB hard drive designed to work with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard. Just set Time Capsule as the designated backup drive for Time Machine, and that\'s it. Depending on how much data you have, your initial backup with Time Capsule could take overnight or longer. After it completes, only changed files are backed up - automatically, wirelessly, and in the background. So you never have to worry about backing up again. Even better, new technologies in Time Capsule and refinements to Time Machine make backing up to Time Capsule using Snow Leopard faster than before.
Backup Multiple Computers
Have multiple Mac computers in your house? Time Capsule can back up and store files for each Leopard- and Snow Leopard-based Mac on your wireless network. No longer do you have to attach an external drive to each Mac every time you want to back up. Time Capsule spares you the work.
1TB Provides Plenty of Space
Time Capsule is your one place for backing up everything. Its massive 1TB server-grade hard drive gives you all the capacity and safety you need. So whether you have 250 songs or 250,000 songs to back up, room is the last thing youíll run out of.
Ultimate Wireless Base Station
More than just a wireless hard drive, Time Capsule is also a full-featured AirPort Extreme Base Station with 802.11n technology. Experience a high-speed wireless network and a breakthrough way to back up all the Mac computers on your network. All in one device.
Apple Time Capsule 1TB
At a Glance:
- Automatic wireless backups
- Built-in 1 TB hard drive
- Simultaneous dual-band support for 802.11b/g and 802.11n
- USB 2.0 port for sharing a hard drive or printer
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports
Simultaneous Dual-Band Support
Some Wi-Fi devices use the 2.4GHz wireless band, including iPhone, iPod touch, and devices using 802.11b/g. Other devices can use either 2.4GHz or the higher-speed 5GHz band, such as the latest 802.11n-based Mac computers and Apple TV. Instead of choosing one of the bands, Time Capsule operates simultaneously on both bands, and your multiband devices automatically use the best available band. This means all your Wi-Fi devices get the fastest possible wireless performance and the best possible range. In addition, Time Capsule reduces the possibility of interference from appliances and cordless phones that use the 2.4GHz band.
Share the Internet Securely with Guest Networking
Itís easy to allow guests to use your Internet connection without sharing your password or giving them access to the rest of your network. Simply enable the guest networking feature using the AirPort Utility application and create a separate Wi-Fi network just for your friends. You can set up this guest network with a different password or with none at all. Your primary network - including your printer, attached drives, or other devices - remains secure.
Share a Printer or Additional Hard Drive with USB Port
The included USB port is great for sharing a printer throughout your wireless network. Time Capsule and the Bonjour networking technology let everyone in the house or office - Mac and PC users alike - take advantage of one centrally located printer. And if you want to share both a printer and an additional hard drive, you can. Just connect a USB hub to Time Capsule. Whatever the combination, Time Capsule divides and conquers.
Time Capsule can backup multiple Macs automatically.
Works with Mac and PC.
Time Capsule with Time Machine in Leopard or Snow Leopard is the ideal backup solution. But that doesnít mean Mac OS X Tiger, Windows XP, and Windows Vista users canít enjoy the benefits of Time Capsule, too. Because Time Capsule mounts as a wireless hard drive, Tiger and Windows users simply access Time Capsule directly from the wireless network for exchanging and storing files quickly and easily.
Apple Time Capsule measures 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches. It is backed by a one-year warranty.
Time Capsule is compatible with Macs and PCs.
Simultaneous dual-band operation allows for optimal performance of your wireless devices.
Back up a lifetime\'s worth of memories with the Time Capsule, a wireless hard drive that works seamlessly with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard. It\'s also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station with simultaneous dual-band support.